Friday, November 18, 2011

Everything I wish I knew as a Freshman

On Wednesday we had a meeting with two teachers on what professions you can do with a History degree. It was a paradox if you ask me. However, I learned some very valuable things. I learned that if I wanted to I could try and intern with the Dodgers as their historian. I learned that historians get paid to write and research for corrupt organizations that had Third Reich leanings during the 1930's and want the public at large to understand that they were not Nazi supporters when in all reality they really were. I also learned that a degree in family history is worth far more than a degree in regular history. I believe that. I really do. Family History is spreading like a spiritual epidemic and so you can get a degree in family history and then do something with that. 
All of this is relatively futile for me. I am a senior that will be graduating in June. I have just signed a contract with Teach for America, so my future is temporarily secure. Had I been a sophomore when I took this class, this would be incredibly helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment